"People think I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a jar on my desk." - Stephen King

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Remembering Fairy Tales

     I chose to do my research on Hans Christain Anderson's Fairytales. I chose this topic because the person I'm corresponding with expressed that she loved this book as a child. I love remembering fairy tales from my own childhood.
     His works include the Princess and the Pea, Thumbelina, and the Little Mermaid. Allot of people will recognize these stories from their own childhoods. They at first weren't very popular, but they became very popular later on. He is well recognized today for all his tales  and there is even an award given away in his name.
     I personally have always loved his stories. I'm sure most of us have seen Disney's version of his stories especially now with Frozen, which was made from Hans Snow Queen. These fairy tales had a large impact on my childhood, bringing a little magic and imagination. They harbored my love for reading giving me the vast imagination I needed to understand the worlds woven by my favorite authors. I'm able to be completely submersed in their world, and without my imagination I would never be able to enjoy them as much as I do today.
Below is a link telling about the original story of the Snow Queen:
http://go.galegroup.com/ps/retrieve.do?sgHitCountType=None&sort=DA-SORT&inPS=true&prodId=GPS&userGroupName=morenetspk&tabID=T003&searchId=R1&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&contentSegment=&searchType=BasicSearchForm&currentPosition=15&contentSet=GALE%7CA341367251&&docId=GALE|A341367251&docType=GALE&role=BCPM
    

1 comment: